Percy Faith & His Orchestra
0 Shouts - 252,517 Scrobbles
From wikipedia :-Read More...
Percy Faith (April 7, 1908 – February 9, 1976) was a Canadian-born bandleader, orchestrator, composer and conductor, known for his lush arrangements of pop and Christmas standards. He is often credited with creating the "easy listening" or "mood music" format which became staples of American popular music in the 1950s and continued well into the 1960s. Though his professional orchestra-leading career began at the height of the swing era, Faith refined and rethought orchestration techniques, including use of large string sections, to soften and fill out the brass-dominated popular music of the 1940s.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Theme from "A Summer Place" - 68,336 plays
- Non Dimenticar (Don't Forget) - 13,381 plays
- Theme for Young Lovers - 17,783 plays
- Joy To The World - 13,584 plays
- The Theme from "A Summer Place" - 17,905 plays
- Delicado - 8,432 plays
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - 5,043 plays
- The Girl from Ipanema - 5,529 plays
- Theme From A Summer Place - 5,686 plays
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Single Version - 4,115 plays