Penguin Cafe Orchestra
190 Shouts - 3,006,664 Scrobbles
The Penguin Cafe Orchestra was the creation of classically-trained guitarist, composer and arranger Simon Jeffes (Crawley, Sussex, England, 1949-1997). Jeffes and cellist co-founder Helen Liebmann were members throughout its life; a number of other musicians became part of the ensemble playing live and also appearing on studio albums according to the instrumentation of particular pieces. The Penguin's sound is not easily categorized, but has elements of exuberant folk music and a minimalist aesthetic occasionally reminiscent of composers such as Philip Glass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Perpetuum Mobile - (4:29) - 35,159 plays
- Music For A Found Harmonium - (2:56) - 16,385 plays
- Air A Danser - (4:29) - 6,215 plays
- Penguin Cafe Single - (6:20) - 5,101 plays
- Telephone And Rubber Band - (4:07) - 5,374 plays
- Air - (3:59) - 3,728 plays
- Oscar Tango - (3:17) - 3,268 plays
- Steady State - (3:36) - 3,006 plays
- Southern Jukebox Music - (4:55) - 2,938 plays
- Dirt - (5:28) - 3,025 plays