11 Shouts - 144,952 Scrobbles
Pearl Mae Bailey ( 29/3 /1918 to 17/08/1990) American singer and actress.
Pearl made her Broadway debut in St. Louis Woman in 1946. She won a Tony Award for the title role in Hello, Dolly! in 1968. Her rendition of "Takes Two to Tango" hit the top ten in 1952. She was born in Southampton County, Virginia, to Rev. Joseph & Ella Mae Bailey. In 1954, she took the role of Frankie in the film version of Carmen Jones, and her rendition of "Beat Me That Rhythm on the Drum" is one of the highlights of the film.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Best Of Friends - (2:15) - 1,697 plays
- A Five Pound Box of Money - (2:37) - 522 plays
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - (2:59) - 598 plays
- God Bless The Child - (3:05) - 347 plays
- Best Of Friends - From "The Fox and the Hound" - (2:14) - 425 plays
- Takes Two to Tango - (2:56) - 155 plays
- Jingle Bells Cha Cha - (2:20) - 128 plays
- Five Pound Box of Money - (2:36) - 118 plays
- Best of Friends [From the Fox and the Hound] - (2:15) - 273 plays
- Tired - (3:20) - 128 plays