11 Shouts - 143,177 Scrobbles
Pearl Mae Bailey ( 29/3 /1918 to 17/08/1990) American singer and actress.
Pearl made her Broadway debut in St. Louis Woman in 1946. She won a Tony Award for the title role in Hello, Dolly! in 1968. Her rendition of "Takes Two to Tango" hit the top ten in 1952. She was born in Southampton County, Virginia, to Rev. Joseph & Ella Mae Bailey. In 1954, she took the role of Frankie in the film version of Carmen Jones, and her rendition of "Beat Me That Rhythm on the Drum" is one of the highlights of the film.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Best Of Friends - (2:15) - 1,851 plays
- Best Of Friends - From "The Fox and the Hound" - (2:14) - 518 plays
- A Five Pound Box of Money - (2:37) - 505 plays
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - (2:59) - 596 plays
- God Bless The Child - (3:05) - 351 plays
- Five Pound Box of Money - (2:36) - 146 plays
- Takes Two to Tango - (2:56) - 140 plays
- Jingle Bells Cha Cha - (2:20) - 130 plays
- Tired - (3:20) - 178 plays
- St. Louis Blues - (2:13) - 157 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online