11 Shouts - 133,240 Scrobbles
Pearl Mae Bailey ( 29/3 /1918 to 17/08/1990) American singer and actress.
Pearl made her Broadway debut in St. Louis Woman in 1946. She won a Tony Award for the title role in Hello, Dolly! in 1968. Her rendition of "Takes Two to Tango" hit the top ten in 1952. She was born in Southampton County, Virginia, to Rev. Joseph & Ella Mae Bailey. In 1954, she took the role of Frankie in the film version of Carmen Jones, and her rendition of "Beat Me That Rhythm on the Drum" is one of the highlights of the film.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Best Of Friends - (2:15) - 2,166 plays
- Best Of Friends - From "The Fox and the Hound" - (2:14) - 385 plays
- Tired - (3:20) - 270 plays
- St. Louis Blues - (2:13) - 176 plays
- Takes Two to Tango - (2:56) - 164 plays
- Best of Friends (From Disney's ''The Fox and the Hound'') - (2:14) - 138 plays
- Ain't She Sweet - (3:02) - 100 plays
- Five Pound Box of Money - (2:37) - 110 plays
- I'm Lazy That's All - (2:36) - 67 plays
- Best of Friends [From the Fox and the Hound] - (2:15) - 76 plays