11 Shouts - 132,509 Scrobbles
Pearl Mae Bailey ( 29/3 /1918 to 17/08/1990) American singer and actress.
Pearl made her Broadway debut in St. Louis Woman in 1946. She won a Tony Award for the title role in Hello, Dolly! in 1968. Her rendition of "Takes Two to Tango" hit the top ten in 1952. She was born in Southampton County, Virginia, to Rev. Joseph & Ella Mae Bailey. In 1954, she took the role of Frankie in the film version of Carmen Jones, and her rendition of "Beat Me That Rhythm on the Drum" is one of the highlights of the film.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Best Of Friends - (2:15) - 2,330 plays
- Best Of Friends - From "The Fox and the Hound" - (2:14) - 338 plays
- Tired - (3:20) - 270 plays
- St. Louis Blues - (2:13) - 208 plays
- Takes Two to Tango - (2:56) - 180 plays
- Ain't She Sweet - (3:02) - 141 plays
- Best of Friends (From Disney's ''The Fox and the Hound'') - (2:14) - 160 plays
- Five Pound Box of Money - (2:37) - 122 plays
- It Takes Two to Tango - (2:56) - 90 plays
- I'm Lazy That's All - (2:36) - 72 plays
- Sia’s In The Billboard Top 10 For The First Time As A Solo Artist
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations