11 Shouts - 129,654 Scrobbles
Pearl Mae Bailey ( 29/3 /1918 to 17/08/1990) American singer and actress.
Pearl made her Broadway debut in St. Louis Woman in 1946. She won a Tony Award for the title role in Hello, Dolly! in 1968. Her rendition of "Takes Two to Tango" hit the top ten in 1952. She was born in Southampton County, Virginia, to Rev. Joseph & Ella Mae Bailey. In 1954, she took the role of Frankie in the film version of Carmen Jones, and her rendition of "Beat Me That Rhythm on the Drum" is one of the highlights of the film.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Best Of Friends - (2:15) - 2,445 plays
- A Five Pound Box of Money - (2:36) - 565 plays
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - (2:59) - 412 plays
- Tired - (3:20) - 287 plays
- St. Louis Blues - (2:13) - 275 plays
- Takes Two To Tango - (2:56) - 201 plays
- Five Pound Box of Money - (2:37) - 209 plays
- Best Of Friends - From "The Fox and the Hound" - (2:14) - 176 plays
- Ain't She Sweet - (3:02) - 197 plays
- Best of Friends (From Disney's ''The Fox and the Hound'') - (2:14) - 187 plays