0 Shouts - 12,224,449 Scrobbles
Several artists/groups:Read More...
1) Merrill Nisker (born 1968 in Toronto), better known as Peaches, is an electroclash artist whose songs are mainly focused on sexuality
2) A swedish kids band formed by Tåve and Isabelle in 2000. Their music is sing-a-long disco/pop tunes. The band is now on hiatus.
3) An all-female group from New Zealand, active in the late 1990s, containing several members from the group When The Cat's Been Spayed.
4) Peaches Lavon known from Peaches & Bobo
5) Instrumentalist Nick Brojous of Wilmington, Delaware.
Merrill Nisker (born 1968 in Toronto), better known as Peaches, is an electroclash artist whose songs are mainly focused on sexuality. She lives and works in Berlin, Germany. She plays almost all the instruments for her songs, programs her own electronic beats, and produces her records.
Peaches' music is preoccupied with gender identity. Her lyrics and live shows self-consciously blur the distinction between male and female: she appears on the cover of her second album Fatherfucker with a full beard; when asked if she had chosen the title for shock value, she commented:
"Why do we call our mothers motherfuckers? Why do we stub our toe and say "Aww motherfucker!"? What is motherfucker? ...We use it in our everyday language and it's such an insanely intense word. I'm not one to shy away from these obscene terms that we actually have in our mainstream. Motherfucker is a very mainstream word. But if we're going to use motherfucker, why don't we use fatherfucker? I'm just trying to be even."
She refutes accusations of 'penis envy', preferring the term 'hermaphrodite envy', since "there is so much male and female in us all". Nevertheless, she does not shy away from identifying herself as a sexual being, although she rejects the sanitised portrayal of women in popular music.
Although she does not hold a teaching degree, she taught at private schools before her career in music.
Fancypants Hoodlum released in 1995 was released under her birth name Merrill Nisker
Members of her band are known as The Herms - JD Samson, Radio Sloan, Samantha Maloney.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSuckin' on my titties like you wanted me,
Callin me, all the time like blondie
Check out my chrissy behind
It's fine all of the time
Like sex on the beaches,
- LyricsOne day, your gonna have to go on with it
Your gonna have to live on with it
Your gonna have to give it up
One day, your gonna have to get off with it
Your gonna have to go down on it
- LyricsYou've got them all, by the balls
Common stalls that cause 'em all
- LyricsYeah yeah yeah, uhh
It seems to me so strange
Check wallet for his name
His face is in the muck
I think his zippers stuck
- LyricsTriple bypass at the double A, triple X
Here it comes
Make sure you can hear me before you speak up
All you motherfuckers step up
I like the innocent type
- Talk to Me - 425,084 plays
- Set It Off - 263,122 plays
- Downtown - 318,797 plays
- Rock Show - 208,337 plays
- Lose You - 325,358 plays