14 Shouts - 119,990 Scrobbles
Paul Winter (born August 31, 1939 in Altoona, Pennsylvania) is an American saxophonist (alto and soprano saxophone). In 1961, while Winter was in college at Northwestern University, the Paul Winter Sextet won the Intercollegiate Jazz Festival and was signed by Columbia Records. The next year, the band toured Latin America as cultural ambassadors for the United States State Department, playing 160 concerts in 23 countries. The Sextet was also the first jazz band to perform at the White House.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Morning Echoes - (2:34) - 333 plays
- Icarus - (3:01) - 212 plays
- Grand Canyon Sunrise - (7:18) - 268 plays
- Air - (3:35) - 229 plays
- Wolf Eyes - (5:59) - 143 plays
- River Run - (7:13) - 83 plays
- Bedrock Cathedral - (2:08) - 51 plays
- Dreamcatcher - (3:06) - 56 plays
- The Silence Of A Candle - (3:24) - 79 plays
- Cornmeal Medicine Wheel - (3:12) - 201 plays