0 Shouts - 787,832 Scrobbles
A talented library producer with BBC and Channel 4 credits to his name, Paul White crafts his distinctive psychedelic nuggets at his South London studio. Paul’s earliest transmissions took the form of a series of mesmerizing beat tapes: rapid-fire scrapbooks of rough-edged artifacts passed between small circles of music-lovers.Read More...
A couple of sought-after 7"s and a handful of remixes later and Paul's was the name to drop amongst the cognoscenti, from old-schoolers such as Ashley Beedle and Danny Breaks to new kids on the block like Gaslamp Killer. Amongst his most vocal champions are the BBC's Mary Anne Hobbs, Benji B and Gilles Peterson - the latter featured Paul in his ‘Beat Generation’ special amongst the pick of the new breed. In print, Dazed & Confused enthused that he “embodies all that is good about a new generation of producers” while FACT magazine have tipped Paul as a key practitioner in the renaissance in instrumental hip-hop.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sugar Free Airlines - 23,469 plays
- Where You Gonna Go? - 25,338 plays
- Alien Nature - 20,179 plays
- The Doldrums - 21,671 plays
- Time Wars - 17,902 plays
- Cheese Special & A Draw - 16,301 plays
- City Bright Lights - 16,689 plays
- Right On - 13,046 plays
- One Eye Open - 15,229 plays
- The Uprising of the Insane - 14,853 plays