32 Shouts - 353,994 Scrobbles
Paul Hindemith (1895-1963) was a German composer, violist, violinist, teacher, and conductor. Born in Hanau, Germany[/ on the 16th November 1895, Hindemith was taught the violin as a child. He entered the Hoch'sche Konservatorium in Frankfurt am Main where he studied conducting, composition and violin under Arnold Mendelssohn and Bernhard Sekles, supporting himself by playing in dance bands and musical-comedy outfits. He led the Frankfurt Opera orchestra from 1915 to 1923 and played in the Rebner string quartet in 1921 in which he played second violin, and later the viola.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Andantino - (3:38) - 608 plays
- Symphonic Metamorphosis after Themes by Carl Maria von Weber: Turandot: Scherzo - (8:09) - 319 plays
- Lied - (1:45) - 518 plays
- Passacaglia - (5:31) - 206 plays
- Sonata for Solo Viola, Op. 25 (1922): IV. Rasendes Zeitmass. Wild. Tonschönheit ist Nebensache - (1:32) - 156 plays
- Trauermusik - (8:26) - 169 plays
- Sonata for Althorn and Piano: I. Ruhig bewegt - (2:05) - 120 plays
- Sonata for Althorn and Piano: II. Lebhaft - (3:30) - 84 plays
- Sonata for Althorn and Piano: III. Sehr langsam - (2:04) - 81 plays
- Sonata for Tuba - (11:14) - 139 plays