31 Shouts - 314,311 Scrobbles
Paul Hindemith (1859-1963) was a German-born U.S. composer, violist, violinist, teacher, and conductor. Born in Hanau, Germany[/ on the 16th November 1895, Hindemith was taught the violin as a child. He entered the Hoch'sche Konservatorium in Frankfurt am Main where he studied conducting, composition and violin under Arnold Mendelssohn and Bernhard Sekles, supporting himself by playing in dance bands and musical-comedy outfits. He led the Frankfurt Opera orchestra from 1915 to 1923 and played in the Rebner string quartet in 1921 in which he played second violin, and later the viola.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Andantino - (3:38) - 534 plays
- Lied - (1:45) - 391 plays
- 7. Bild 'du Bringst Es Über Dich, Mein Freund' - (12:36) - 323 plays
- 6. Bild 'du Wirst Mich Verlieren' - (6:20) - 252 plays
- Cardillac. No. 16 Duett Mit Chor 'meine Lippen Auf Die Wunde' - (5:04) - 207 plays
- Boser Traum. Rigoletto: Langsamer als in der Oper. Plump - (0:57) - 189 plays
- Prestissimo - (1:10) - 253 plays
- Im Zeitmass Eines Sehr Langsamen Marsches - (5:57) - 160 plays
- In der Art eines langsamen Menuetts. Mit Schwermut und Trauer vorzutragen - (1:55) - 146 plays
- Passacaglia - (5:31) - 179 plays