31 Shouts - 311,266 Scrobbles
Paul Hindemith (1859-1963) was a German-born U.S. composer, violist, violinist, teacher, and conductor. Born in Hanau, Germany[/ on the 16th November 1895, Hindemith was taught the violin as a child. He entered the Hoch'sche Konservatorium in Frankfurt am Main where he studied conducting, composition and violin under Arnold Mendelssohn and Bernhard Sekles, supporting himself by playing in dance bands and musical-comedy outfits. He led the Frankfurt Opera orchestra from 1915 to 1923 and played in the Rebner string quartet in 1921 in which he played second violin, and later the viola.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Andantino - (3:38) - 488 plays
- 7. Bild 'du Bringst Es Über Dich, Mein Freund' - (12:36) - 404 plays
- Lied - (1:45) - 357 plays
- 6. Bild 'du Wirst Mich Verlieren' - (6:20) - 309 plays
- Cardillac. No. 16 Duett Mit Chor 'meine Lippen Auf Die Wunde' - (5:04) - 249 plays
- Prestissimo - (1:10) - 289 plays
- Boser Traum. Rigoletto: Langsamer als in der Oper. Plump - (0:57) - 219 plays
- Im Zeitmass Eines Sehr Langsamen Marsches - (5:57) - 191 plays
- In der Art eines langsamen Menuetts. Mit Schwermut und Trauer vorzutragen - (1:55) - 173 plays
- Passacaglia - (5:31) - 165 plays