31 Shouts - 332,643 Scrobbles
Paul Hindemith (1859-1963) was a German composer, violist, violinist, teacher, and conductor. Born in Hanau, Germany[/ on the 16th November 1895, Hindemith was taught the violin as a child. He entered the Hoch'sche Konservatorium in Frankfurt am Main where he studied conducting, composition and violin under Arnold Mendelssohn and Bernhard Sekles, supporting himself by playing in dance bands and musical-comedy outfits. He led the Frankfurt Opera orchestra from 1915 to 1923 and played in the Rebner string quartet in 1921 in which he played second violin, and later the viola.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Andantino - (3:38) - 679 plays
- Lied - (1:45) - 476 plays
- Symphonic Metamorphosis after Themes by Carl Maria von Weber: Turandot: Scherzo - (8:09) - 179 plays
- Passacaglia - (5:31) - 167 plays
- Trauermusik - (8:26) - 89 plays
- Allegro - (4:17) - 46 plays
- Sonata For Flute And Piano: I. Heiter Bewegt - (5:12) - 72 plays
- Symphonic Metamorphoses On Themes By Carl Maria Von Weber: IV. Marsch - (4:36) - 54 plays
- Eight Pieces for Solo Flute (1927) - (7:29) - 34 plays
- NR. 1 - l. Sehr schnell und wild - (1:10) - 44 plays