0 Shouts - 396,630 Scrobbles
Paul Engemann (born June 2, 1953) is a 1980s pop musician best-known for his 1983 song "Push It To The Limit." The song featured prominently in the film Scarface, which was released in the same year.Read More...
Paul went on to front the 80's group Device who had a hit with "Hanging On A Heart Attack" from their album "22B3." The group was masterminded by songwriter Holly Knight. The group only released one album. From there Paul joined Animotion. Along with actress and singer Cynthia Rhodes (also the wife of Richard Marx), they replaced original singers Bill Wadhams and Astrid Plane. The group scored another major hit with "Room To Move."
Together with Giorgio Moroder he landed a number one hit in Germany (81 in USA) with "Reach Out" that became the official song to the 33rd Olympic Games 1984 in Los Angeles. Among other releases were "American Dream" (with Giorgio Moroder 1984), "Face To Face" (1985), "Shannon's Eyes" (1985, 1986), "Brain Power" (Summer School - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 1987), "To Be Number One" (1990), "NeverEnding Story" (2000).
Paul currently lives in Utah with his wife and family.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Scarface (Push It To The Limit) - 215,670 plays
- Push It to the Limit - 109,494 plays
- Scarface ( Push it to the limit) - 28,494 plays
- Scarface (Push It To The Limit) - From "Scarface" Soundtrack - 3,705 plays
- Scarface (Push It To The Limit - 6,746 plays
- Push It To The Limit (Scarface) - 4,443 plays
- Push It to the Limit - 4,801 plays
- Push It To The Limit (OST Scarface) - 2,418 plays
- Scarface(Push It To The Limit) - 1,984 plays
- Push It To The Limits - 2,068 plays