47 Shouts - 970,934 Scrobbles
Paul Desmond (1924-1977) was a U.S jazz saxophonist. Desmond was born Paul Emil Breitenfeld in San Francisco, California on 25th November 1924. He came to prominence with the Dave Brubeck Quartet, which lasted from 1951 until 1967. Desmond wrote their biggest hit, "Take Five". Desmond's alto saxophone tone and technique owed nothing to the great alto player of the time, Charlie Parker; instead his was a clear, light, floating sound and highly melodic playing style.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take Ten - (3:09) - 7,316 plays
- Wave - (6:14) - 4,100 plays
- Embarcadero - (4:08) - 3,387 plays
- Bossa Antigua - (4:46) - 3,038 plays
- Alone Together - (6:53) - 3,016 plays
- Samba Cantina - (5:42) - 2,886 plays
- O Gato - (4:36) - 2,595 plays
- The Theme From Black Orpheus - (4:14) - 2,705 plays
- El Prince - (3:35) - 2,559 plays
- Nancy - (6:06) - 1,970 plays