106 Shouts - 2,708,430 Scrobbles
Paul Albert Anka (born July 30, 1941, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) is a Lebanese-Canadian singer and songwriter. He began singing as a child, first starting in the St Elijah Syrian Orthodox Church choir in Ottawa. As a student at Ottawa's Fisher Park High School he was part of a trio called the Bobby Soxers. Encouraged by his parents, at age 14 he recorded his first single, I Confess. In 1957 he went to New York City where he auditioned for ABC, singing a lovestruck verse he had written to a former babysitter, Diana Ayoub.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Diana - (2:33) - 14,653 plays
- Put Your Head on My Shoulder - (2:36) - 11,784 plays
- You Are My Destiny - (2:47) - 4,180 plays
- Smells Like Teen Spirit - (2:42) - 2,944 plays
- Lonely Boy - (2:34) - 3,119 plays
- Puppy Love - (2:40) - 2,465 plays
- Wonderwall - (3:36) - 2,220 plays
- It's My Life - (4:03) - 1,551 plays
- Jump - (3:36) - 1,445 plays
- Eye Of The Tiger - (4:03) - 1,388 plays