0 Shouts - 1,082,202 Scrobbles
There are a few bands with the name, including the following:Read More...
1) Passengers are the band made up, in 1995, of Brian Eno and U2 members Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, jr.
They did not record under the name U2 because Brian Eno was the primary composer while Bono, The Edge, Clayton and Mullen were, as they used to say, Passengers of his ship.
The group made one album called Original Soundtracks 1, ostensibly a compilation of music the band composed for various films but most of the films were made-up as in-jokes by Eno (although a few of the films did exist, and since their release some of the tracks have been used in other real films such as Michael Mann's "Heat.") Music on this album is more similar to music recorded normally in Brian Eno's solo career than on U2 albums. It is very electronic and experimental.
The track "One Minute Warning" was used in the end credits of the first "Ghost in the Shell" anime movie from 1995. The film makers specifically asked the band to make the song for the film.
For U2 it was the next big step into experimental music world after recording Achtung Baby and Zooropa.
2) There is also an Italian electronic disco band of the same name who released albums from 1979 - 1986.
3) A currently-performing female fronted hardcore band from Frederick, MD.
4) The Passengers were a late-1970s Brussels postpunk / new wave band that later became better known as The Names
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Miss Sarajevo - 255,274 plays
- Your Blue Room - 99,166 plays
- A Different Kind Of Blue - 71,797 plays
- Always Forever Now - 71,461 plays
- Beach Sequence - 59,258 plays
- Slug - 63,543 plays
- Theme From Let's Go Native - 47,442 plays
- One Minute Warning - 52,855 plays
- Ito Okashi - 41,173 plays
- Plot 180 - 33,942 plays