4 Shouts - 22,470 Scrobbles
As George Clinton's funk empire grew in the late 70's, he wanted to expand the number of groups that P.Funk was associated with. He dreamed of having a Motown-type stable of acts, featuring many of the same musicians and singers, but under different names and concepts. One concept that he always kept close to his heart was producing a classic 'girl-group' like he had done in the 60's, with the likes of Pat Lewis, Tawala Lewis, and Theresa Lindsay. He had the notion of doing a female version of Parliament, first called the Parlettes and later just Parlet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Help From My Friends - (6:14) - 239 plays
- Pleasure Principle - (8:57) - 144 plays
- Cookie Jar - (5:41) - 79 plays
- Ridin' High - (7:26) - 47 plays
- Misunderstanding - (7:27) - 75 plays
- No Rump To Bump - (6:08) - 84 plays
- Love Amnesia - (5:24) - 68 plays
- Booty Snatchers - (5:50) - 33 plays
- Huff-N-Puff - (7:18) - 27 plays
- Wolf Tickets - (8:59) - 38 plays