0 Shouts - 882,307 Scrobbles
There are four Artists with the Name 'Push': A Belgian DJ, the band Push, the other band Push and an old soulgroup (no description available, but you can find it on some soulsamplers) with the same name.Read More...
Push (not to be confused with the band) is a pseudonym for popular Belgian DJ Mike Dierickx (M.I.K.E.). Best known for the song "Universal Nation", he has also released other singles including "The Legacy" and "Strange World". His style is primarily progressive trance.
Push - The Band
Push formed in late 1987 and pioneered the London " Rare Groove Scene " along with bands such as The Brand New Heavies, The Young Disciples and Soul II Soul.
Push released their first track "Traffic" on " Acid Jazz and other illicit Grooves" (1988 Polydor) this track won high critical acclaim and from this record the ACID JAZZ movement emerged.
Push toured Japan in 1989 for Gilles Peterson under the Acid Jazz banner, and with legendary London and UK shows gained a live reputation second to none. The Rhythm section of Crispin Taylor, Ernie Mckone and Mark Vandergucht were recruited by Galliano in 1990 and proceeded to tour the world selling in excess of 800,000 albums for the band.
Meanwhile the Push Sax player Jacko Peake worked with Paul Weller on his Solo projects and the Trumpeter Damon Brown became an internationally respected Jazz Musician.
Push continue with to perform in the UK and Europe cementing their reputation as awesome purveyors of hard grooving Funk.
Push - The Other Band
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Strange World (2000 Remake) - 162,281 plays
- Universal Nation - 111,893 plays
- Strange World - 57,114 plays
- The Legacy (Club Mix) - 50,078 plays
- The Legacy - 29,664 plays
- Electric Eclipse - 17,168 plays
- Interference (Sean Tyas Remix) - 16,694 plays
- Universal Nation (Ferry Corsten Remix) - 16,844 plays
- Dream Designer (8 Wonders Remix) - 11,624 plays
- Interference (Original Mix) - 7,154 plays