PRESS PLAY ON TAPE
0 Shouts - 151,133 Scrobbles
PRESS PLAY ON TAPE is a revival and tribute rock band to the music used in games on the 1980s' Commodore 64 home computer. The six-member band, hailing from Copenhagen, Denmark, has released a couple of albums and has done several concerts in Britain, Norway and Denmark. Fans are found all over the globe and some fans have even traveled from far away to attend the band's concerts. Pirated versions of their albums can even be found in some Asian countries.Read More...
The band's name comes from the message "PRESS PLAY ON TAPE" that the Commodore 64 displayed when the user issued a command to load a program from the tape drive. Upon pressing the play button on the tape drive, the program would then load. Sometimes PRESS PLAY ON TAPE is referenced as PPOT, pronounced 'pE'pät.
PRESS PLAY ON TAPE have performed live with some of the original composers, namely Rob Hubbard, Ben Daglish and Jon Hare.
A number of tracks can be downloaded from their official site
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bionic Commando - 15,280 plays
- Monty on the Run - 5,700 plays
- Monkey Island (Live@TG2003) - 8,990 plays
- Arkanoid - 2,514 plays
- The Way of the Exploding Fist - 3,338 plays
- Defender of the Crown - 2,783 plays
- Out Run: Magical Sound Shower - 4,571 plays
- Warhawk - 2,761 plays
- Nemesis the Warlock - 1,888 plays
- Phantom (of the Asteroid) - 2,523 plays