318 Shouts - 561,695 Scrobbles
Oxbow is a long-lived avant-garde band formed in 1988 in San Francisco, California that is notable for their prolific touring and unique sound. Oxbow plays a blend of noise rock, avant-garde jazz, musique concrète (AMG), and blues, creating soundscapes caustic, or plangent, with overtones of paranoia, revulsion, exaltation. The first album in 1989 combining the squall of bands like The Birthday Party with elements of free jazz and musique concrète from Oxbow, Fuckfest, met with international success and created a small but loyal following that has grown ever since.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Geometry of Business - (4:11) - 1,245 plays
- Down a Stair Backward - (5:00) - 1,224 plays
- She's a Find - (8:47) - 912 plays
- Time, Gentlemen, Time - (4:52) - 904 plays
- A Winner Every Time - (4:52) - 981 plays
- Mr. Johnson - (0:42) - 786 plays
- Frankly Frank - (4:46) - 739 plays
- Frank's Frolic - (6:24) - 660 plays
- It's the Giving, Not the Taking - (6:01) - 536 plays
- Daughter - (4:53) - 518 plays