306 Shouts - 517,700 Scrobbles
Oxbow is a long-lived avant-garde band formed in 1988 in San Francisco, California that is notable for their prolific touring and unique sound. Oxbow plays a blend of noise rock, avant-garde jazz, musique concrète (AMG), and blues, creating soundscapes caustic, or plangent, with overtones of paranoia, revulsion, exaltation. The first album in 1989 combining the squall of bands like The Birthday Party with elements of free jazz and musique concrète from Oxbow, Fuckfest, met with international success and created a small but loyal following that has grown ever since.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Geometry of Business - (4:11) - 1,534 plays
- Down a Stair Backward - (5:00) - 1,522 plays
- Mr. Johnson - (0:42) - 1,085 plays
- She's a Find - (8:47) - 1,190 plays
- A Winner Every Time - (4:52) - 1,291 plays
- Time, Gentlemen, Time - (4:52) - 1,059 plays
- Frankly Frank - (4:46) - 1,010 plays
- Frank's Frolic - (6:24) - 868 plays
- It's the Giving, Not the Taking - (6:01) - 741 plays
- Stallkicker - (7:42) - 681 plays