309 Shouts - 533,757 Scrobbles
Oxbow is a long-lived avant-garde band formed in 1988 in San Francisco, California that is notable for their prolific touring and unique sound. Oxbow plays a blend of noise rock, avant-garde jazz, musique concrète (AMG), and blues, creating soundscapes caustic, or plangent, with overtones of paranoia, revulsion, exaltation. The first album in 1989 combining the squall of bands like The Birthday Party with elements of free jazz and musique concrète from Oxbow, Fuckfest, met with international success and created a small but loyal following that has grown ever since.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Geometry of Business - (4:11) - 1,520 plays
- Down a Stair Backward - (5:00) - 1,706 plays
- She's a Find - (8:47) - 1,142 plays
- A Winner Every Time - (4:52) - 1,272 plays
- Mr. Johnson - (0:42) - 1,118 plays
- Time, Gentlemen, Time - (4:52) - 1,001 plays
- Frankly Frank - (4:46) - 1,002 plays
- Frank's Frolic - (6:24) - 835 plays
- It's the Giving, Not the Taking - (6:01) - 742 plays
- Sunday - (5:30) - 532 plays