310 Shouts - 547,295 Scrobbles
Oxbow is a long-lived avant-garde band formed in 1988 in San Francisco, California that is notable for their prolific touring and unique sound. Oxbow plays a blend of noise rock, avant-garde jazz, musique concrète (AMG), and blues, creating soundscapes caustic, or plangent, with overtones of paranoia, revulsion, exaltation. The first album in 1989 combining the squall of bands like The Birthday Party with elements of free jazz and musique concrète from Oxbow, Fuckfest, met with international success and created a small but loyal following that has grown ever since.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Geometry of Business - (4:11) - 1,461 plays
- Down a Stair Backward - (5:00) - 1,582 plays
- A Winner Every Time - (4:52) - 1,213 plays
- She's a Find - (8:47) - 1,112 plays
- Time, Gentlemen, Time - (4:52) - 986 plays
- Mr. Johnson - (0:42) - 978 plays
- Frankly Frank - (4:46) - 947 plays
- Frank's Frolic - (6:24) - 800 plays
- It's the Giving, Not the Taking - (6:01) - 730 plays
- Sunday - (5:30) - 484 plays