Othar Turner & The Rising Star Fife & Drum Band
2 Shouts - 17,217 Scrobbles
Othar "Otha" Turner (June 2, 1907 – February 26, 2003) was one of the last well-known fife players in the vanishing American fife and drum blues tradition. He was born in Madison County, Mississippi, and lived his entire life in northern Mississippi as a farmer, where in 1923, aged 16, he learned to play fifes fashioned out of rivercanes. Turner's Rising Star Fife and Drum Band (which consisted of friends and relatives) primarily played at farm parties.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shortnin'-Henduck - 96 plays
- Shortnin' / Henduck - 22 plays
- Shimmy She Wobble - (4:17) - 21 plays
- Shortnin'/Henduck - (2:52) - 15 plays
- Short'nin' / Henduck - (2:52) - 9 plays
- My Babe - (4:17) - 7 plays
- Station Blues - (2:09) - 3 plays
- Roll And Tumble - (1:53) - 3 plays
- Shortin' / Hunduck - 3 plays
- Glory, Glory Hallelujah - 2 plays