Oscar Hammerstein II
1 Shouts - 9,953 Scrobbles
Oscar Greeley Clendenning Hammerstein II (pronounced /ˈhæmərstaɪn/; July 12, 1895 – August 23, 1960) was an American writer, theatrical producer, and (usually uncredited) theatre director of musicals for almost forty years. Hammerstein won eight Tony Awards and was twice awarded an Academy Award for "Best Original Song", and much of his work is part of the unofficial Great American Songbook. He wrote 850 songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ol' Man River (from Show Boat) - 1985 Digital Remaster - (3:54) - 19 plays
- I Whistle a Happy Tune - (2:27) - 11 plays
- I Have Dreamed - (3:39) - 12 plays
- It Might As Well Be Spring - (3:12) - 8 plays
- My Favorite Things - (2:34) - 11 plays
- Overture - (4:24) - 9 plays
- Shall We Dance? - (4:23) - 4 plays
- Climb Ev'ry Mountain (Reprise) - (1:20) - 3 plays
- Bill - (5:10) - 3 plays
- Oklahoma! (From "Oklahoma!") - (2:01) - 3 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online