Oscar Hammerstein II
1 Shouts - 9,182 Scrobbles
Oscar Greeley Clendenning Hammerstein II (pronounced /ˈhæmərstaɪn/; July 12, 1895 – August 23, 1960) was an American writer, theatrical producer, and (usually uncredited) theatre director of musicals for almost forty years. Hammerstein won eight Tony Awards and was twice awarded an Academy Award for "Best Original Song", and much of his work is part of the unofficial Great American Songbook. He wrote 850 songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Overture - (4:24) - 27 plays
- Climb Ev'ry Mountain - (2:18) - 17 plays
- Oh! What A Beautiful Mornin' - (2:30) - 14 plays
- So Long, Farewell - (2:56) - 19 plays
- If I Loved You - Bonus Track - (3:16) - 17 plays
- Some Enchanted Evening - (3:02) - 23 plays
- If I Loved You - (2:59) - 50 plays
- Climb Ev'ry Mountain (Reprise) - (1:20) - 12 plays
- What's the Use of Wond'rin' - Bonus Track - (2:34) - 15 plays
- It Might As Well Be Spring - (3:12) - 6 plays