0 Shouts - 68,076 Scrobbles
Born in Chigasaki, Kanagawa, Japan in 1949 Osamu Kitajima (喜多屿修) runs his own East Quest Records, Inc. label. His music is an easy and very light combination of traditional Japanese tunes with contemporary electronic performance.Read More...
- 1960'sCollege rock band, The Launchers, became one of the most successful groups in Japan
- 1970's Produced and wrote hundreds of jingles for TV commercial. Received Hollywood Radio & TV Award, ACC and CLIO Award.
- 1971 Moved to UK, after graduated from the prestigious Keio university (Japan). Worked with British bands, and associated with famous musicians as Paul Rogers, Barry Gibb, and Al Kooper. After back to Japan, established his original sound through 3 years study of Japanese traditional music and worked with living national treasures of Japan, such as Kisaku Katada and Reibo Aoki.
- 1974 Moved to California. Made a contract with Island USA as the first Japanese artist.
- 1978 Contracted with MCA/HEADFIRST (USA)
- 1979 Captured the imagination of Clive Davis and made a contract with Arista Records.
- 1985 Admired by Christine Reed and made a contract with CBS (Pre-SONY). From that time on, released more than 15 solo albums and worked for Hollywood TV and motion pictures, also produced records and CDs for various artists in US and Japan.
- 2000 Established own record label, East Quest Records, Inc.
- 2002 Performed with London Symphony Orchestra for Joe Curiale' s album "Music of Life" and nominated for Grammy Awards.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Immortality (Fuma) - 5,098 plays
- Heavensent - 3,275 plays
- Beyond The Circle - 4,230 plays
- Taiyo - The Sun - 2,848 plays
- Whoma - Immortality - 1,918 plays
- The Bush Warbler - 3,367 plays
- Tengu - 1,950 plays
- Forbidden Green - 1,398 plays
- The Elysian Fields - 1,907 plays
- Wings Of Knowledge - 1,560 plays