0 Shouts - 31,329 Scrobbles
There are/were at least two artists called Orko.Read More...
1. A Scottish alternative rock band from the Glasgow area consisting of four young lads, formed in 2001. They released one full-length album - Creating Short Fiction - in 2006 on the Gravity Dip label. This was preceded by a vinyl release on Raskol Records. There was also a 10" split with My Awesome Compilation, also on Gravity Dip.
The Memorial EP was released at their final show. Orko made a name for themselves on the live circuit, supporting, amongst others, Biffy Clyro, Hell Is For Heroes, and Hundred Reasons. They also played a show at Glasgow Barfly in 2005 with Frightened Rabbit, at that stage consisting of just Scott and Grant.
"Forming in 2001, the indie/emo/whatevercore quartet have been crafting their trade for the last few years, and slowly building up a fanbase through their electric live shows and recordings. Having toured with Hell Is For Heroes, and having played alongside the likes of Scottish luminaries Biffy Clyro, Mercury Tilt Switch and Fightstar, Orko are the definition of a band that has "found their sound" - emotional yet chaotic, heavy yet poppy. And with an average age of only 20, there's no telling where they can go from here."
2. A punk rock band. Militant in sound and attitude, they express frustration and disillusionment through their songs. It's been said that they "cross musical boundaries" but Orko just play what they want, in a way they want. The band are comfortable with their sound and have built up the courage to turn their backs on whatever's popular and just stand out on their own.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Across The Party - 3,128 plays
- Travel Plans - 3,074 plays
- Drink Up And Get Out - 2,847 plays
- Time machine anyone? - 2,394 plays
- Jive Bunny and the Fireworks - 2,255 plays
- The Same And Everything The Same - 1,778 plays
- The Arguments - 2,212 plays
- We Look At Ourselves - 1,883 plays
- Alex Kidd's Lonely Planet - 1,748 plays
- Hello Dean Moriarty - 1,704 plays