39 Shouts - 472,770 Scrobbles
Oregon was one of the first prominent fusions of jazz and music from around the world, practically inventing the genre of World Jazz by example. The band was an outgrowth of the Paul Winter Consort of the 60s. Ralph Towner (guitar, keyboards, trumpet), Paul McCandless (woodwind instruments), Glen Moore (double bass, violin, piano) and Collin Walcott (percussion, sitar, tabla) blended Western and Indian styles of improvisation into music that also had elements of folk and avant-garde.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 1000 Kilometers - (10:30) - 366 plays
- Witchi-Tai-To - (3:30) - 549 plays
- Yellow Bell - (7:04) - 441 plays
- Aurora - (7:51) - 344 plays
- The Silence Of A Candle - (9:45) - 354 plays
- North Star - (5:54) - 240 plays
- Sail - (4:31) - 225 plays
- Waterwheel - (8:42) - 302 plays
- Cane Fields - (4:36) - 288 plays
- Tide Pool - (8:39) - 155 plays