39 Shouts - 473,714 Scrobbles
Oregon was one of the first prominent fusions of jazz and music from around the world, practically inventing the genre of World Jazz by example. The band was an outgrowth of the Paul Winter Consort of the 60s. Ralph Towner (guitar, keyboards, trumpet), Paul McCandless (woodwind instruments), Glen Moore (double bass, violin, piano) and Collin Walcott (percussion, sitar, tabla) blended Western and Indian styles of improvisation into music that also had elements of folk and avant-garde.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 1000 Kilometers - (10:30) - 364 plays
- Witchi-Tai-To - (3:30) - 556 plays
- Yellow Bell - (7:04) - 472 plays
- Aurora - (7:51) - 338 plays
- The Silence Of A Candle - (9:45) - 308 plays
- Sail - (4:31) - 254 plays
- Waterwheel - (8:42) - 306 plays
- North Star - (5:54) - 215 plays
- Cane Fields - (4:36) - 291 plays
- Tide Pool - (8:39) - 173 plays