38 Shouts - 461,788 Scrobbles
Oregon was one of the first prominent fusions of jazz and music from around the world, practically inventing the genre of World Jazz by example. The band was an outgrowth of the Paul Winter Consort of the 60s. Ralph Towner (guitar, keyboards, trumpet), Paul McCandless (woodwind instruments), Glen Moore (double bass, violin, piano) and Collin Walcott (percussion, sitar, tabla) blended Western and Indian styles of improvisation into music that also had elements of folk and avant-garde.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Witchi-Tai-To - (3:30) - 647 plays
- North Star - (6:00) - 443 plays
- The Silence Of A Candle - (1:48) - 627 plays
- Aurora - (7:51) - 359 plays
- Yellow Bell - (7:04) - 326 plays
- Sail - (4:34) - 335 plays
- 1000 Kilometers - (10:30) - 257 plays
- Song For A Friend - (5:25) - 297 plays
- At the Hawk's well - (3:12) - 250 plays
- Tide Pool - (8:39) - 228 plays