38 Shouts - 435,582 Scrobbles
Oregon was one of the first prominent fusions of jazz and music from around the world, practically inventing the genre of World Jazz by example. The band was an outgrowth of the Paul Winter Consort of the 60s. Ralph Towner (guitar, keyboards, trumpet), Paul McCandless (woodwind instruments), Glen Moore (double bass, violin, piano) and Collin Walcott (percussion, sitar, tabla) blended Western and Indian styles of improvisation into music that also had elements of folk and avant-garde.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Silence Of A Candle - (1:48) - 671 plays
- North Star - (6:00) - 495 plays
- Sail - (4:34) - 490 plays
- Witchi-Tai-To - (3:30) - 538 plays
- Song For A Friend - (5:25) - 367 plays
- At the Hawk's well - (3:12) - 331 plays
- Naiads - (2:03) - 275 plays
- The Rough Places Plain - (3:18) - 302 plays
- Land Of Heart's Desire - (3:25) - 259 plays
- Opening - (5:34) - 238 plays