Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou
38 Shouts - 176,396 Scrobbles
Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou is arguably West Africa’s best-kept secret. Their output, both in quantity and quality, was astonishing. During several trips to Benin, Samy Ben Redjeb managed to collect roughly 500 songs which Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou had recorded between 1970 and 1983. The cultural and spiritual riches of traditional Beninese music had an immense impact on the sound of Benin’s modern music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gbeti Madjro - (2:54) - 337 plays
- Assibavi - (4:43) - 256 plays
- Se Ba Ho - (5:01) - 258 plays
- Minsato Le, Mi Dayihome - (3:17) - 252 plays
- Se Tche We Djo Mon - (4:12) - 232 plays
- Noude Ma Gnin Tche De Me - (5:13) - 274 plays
- Mi Ni Non Kpo - (4:35) - 208 plays
- Ako Ba Ho - (3:34) - 198 plays
- Mi Ve Wa Se - (4:24) - 233 plays
- Iya Me Dji Ki Bi Ni - (4:12) - 191 plays