Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou
38 Shouts - 170,230 Scrobbles
Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou is arguably West Africa’s best-kept secret. Their output, both in quantity and quality, was astonishing. During several trips to Benin, Samy Ben Redjeb managed to collect roughly 500 songs which Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou had recorded between 1970 and 1983. The cultural and spiritual riches of traditional Beninese music had an immense impact on the sound of Benin’s modern music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gbeti Madjro - (2:54) - 339 plays
- Minsato Le, Mi Dayihome - (3:17) - 342 plays
- Assibavi - (4:43) - 221 plays
- Noude Ma Gnin Tche De Me - (5:13) - 284 plays
- Se tche we djo mon - (4:11) - 212 plays
- Se Ba Ho - (5:01) - 220 plays
- Mi ni non kpo - (4:35) - 197 plays
- Mi Ve Wa Se - (4:24) - 223 plays
- Malin Kpon O - (3:39) - 244 plays
- Iya me dji ki bi ni - (4:12) - 159 plays