120 Shouts - 650,016 Scrobbles
Open Hand was formed in Hollywood in 1999 by guitarist/vocalist Justin Isham, bassist Michael Anastasi and drummer Alex Rodriguez. Determined to escape the confines of hardcore, the early incarnation of the band tempered its frantic riffing with lush melodies, intricate instrumental passages and a keen sense of dynamics. Open Hand quickly built a massive buzz in the underground scene. A band’s band from the beginning, Open Hand was offered tours with the likes of Glassjaw, The Juliana Theory and Thursday.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics"Anything for you." Is what you told me,
The day I sat there with you.
So I know nothing lasts forever,
When will we realize it's gone?
"Anything for you." Is what you told me,
- LyricsWell I think it's fine,
Watching summer rain,
Taking a ride on a cosmic train
You've been killing time,
Wasting all your days,
- LyricsI feel like I've lost trust in everyone,
They say deception is the key.
I want to go with you now,
I need to step away,
That's if your going my way,
- LyricsShe stares down empty streets and cries
How all her dreams have dried up and gone away and she feels...
One day her life might change its ways.
Until she hides what's deep inside.
Trying so hard not to expose her lies.
- LyricsAs I sit by myself, I've come from so, so far away
In such little time I have gained
My soul, my mind, I've tried so hard to find
Is this what I must do to get by and I ask myself why
Why don't you write?
- Take No Action - (2:03) - 437 plays
- Pure Concentrated Evil - (1:34) - 391 plays
- You And Me - (4:10) - 344 plays
- Crooked Crown - (3:32) - 331 plays
- Life As Is - (4:17) - 249 plays