8 Shouts - 46,365 Scrobbles
Opa cupa (read: «opa tzupa»), its a shout of exhortation to the dance used by gypsies of South-Eastern Europe. It represents the musical project risen from Salento (south Italy) directed towards the research for the repertory of Balcan music. Musicians coming from different cultures (Bosnia-Erzegovina, Albany South Italy) gather around the leader, the trumpeter Cesare DellAnna. They play a «marginal» music which is strongly influenced by different styles, blending caleidoscopics sonorities with brilliant moments of pure musical interpretative technique.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Karavia - (3:21) - 181 plays
- Opa cupa - (2:34) - 151 plays
- Neelie - (4:45) - 127 plays
- Neelia - (4:48) - 131 plays
- Sotu Sotu - (3:27) - 108 plays
- Stelle Salenti - (5:30) - 109 plays
- Vota grillo - (5:44) - 68 plays
- Byala Stala - (1:20) - 81 plays
- Balkan Games - (1:49) - 57 plays
- Ligonziana - (4:28) - 68 plays