0 Shouts - 46,784 Scrobbles
There are four artists with the name Ono:Read More...
1. ONO, a Chicago-based dark-experimental-electronic band mainly active in the 80's with only two records: Machines That Kill People (1982) and Ennui (1986). Both albums were released through the now defunct Thermidor Label.
2. Yoko Ono Lennon (born February 18, 1933) is a Japanese musician and artist best known as the widow of John Lennon of The Beatles. Her early work as a conceptual artist put her on the map in avant-garde circles before marrying the leader of the Beatles. When John left the group, she was widely reviled as the reason behind the split. The couple's output as collaborators included a major campaign for peace and many recordings and films, borrowing from his rock and roll influence and her experimental work. After Lennon's assassination in 1980, Ono's work, as an artist, musician, activist and her public demeanor in the aftermath of the tragedy, largely redeemed her in the minds of many of Lennon's fans, as she continued to make important work through the early decades of the 21st century. Her records have been huge hits on the dance music charts and she is seen as an influential figure in Art Rock , New Wave , Punk and experimental music . Concerts performed in 2010 with the couple's only child, Sean Lennon, as band leader, under the name, We Are Plastic Ono Band, included guests such as Iggy Pop, Eric Clapton and Lady Gaga, earning her the respect which had evaded her in her earlier years as a musician.
3. Former project of Czech musicians Roman Putnar and Petra Voldanova. OnO was founded and ended in 2004 after recording two songs.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kiss Kiss Kiss (With Peaches) - 1,021 plays
- Superb - 740 plays
- Revelations (With Cat Power) - 1,099 plays
- Sisters O Sisters (With Le Tigre) - 699 plays
- Butter Sea - 633 plays
- Witch Shocktronica Intro (With Hank Shocklee) - 615 plays
- O'oh (With Shitake Monkey) - 678 plays
- Death Of Samantha (With Porcupine Tree) - 592 plays
- Everyman Everywoman (With Blow Up) - 635 plays
- Rising (With DJ Spooky) - 534 plays