One Thousand Violins
6 Shouts - 43,155 Scrobbles
One Thousand Violins were a sixties-influenced indie-pop group from Sheffield, Yorkshire, who had several UK Indie Chart hits in the late 1980s.
The band was formed in 1985 by Darren Swindells (bass), Colin Gregory (guitar), John Wood (vocals), David Warmsley (keyboards/guitar), and Peter Day (drums).
Gregory and Warmsley had previously played together in The Page Boys. Their first single, "Halcyon Days" was released in 1985.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Like One Thousand Violins - 162 plays
- Like 1000 Violins - (4:38) - 206 plays
- All Aboard the Love-Mobile - (2:27) - 71 plays
- Locked Out of the Love-In - (3:58) - 58 plays
- Please Don't Sandblast My House - (3:17) - 52 plays
- Halcyon Days - (3:42) - 41 plays
- If I Were A Bullet (Then For Sure I'd Find A Way To Your Heart) - 49 plays
- If Only Words - (3:55) - 44 plays
- I Was Depending On You To Be My Jesus - (3:44) - 32 plays
- My Beautiful Shirt - (4:37) - 33 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online