One Thousand Violins
6 Shouts - 41,619 Scrobbles
One Thousand Violins were a sixties-influenced indie-pop group from Sheffield, Yorkshire, who had several UK Indie Chart hits in the late 1980s.
The band was formed in 1985 by Darren Swindells (bass), Colin Gregory (guitar), John Wood (vocals), David Warmsley (keyboards/guitar), and Peter Day (drums).
Gregory and Warmsley had previously played together in The Page Boys. Their first single, "Halcyon Days" was released in 1985.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Like One Thousand Violins - 164 plays
- Like 1000 Violins - (4:38) - 194 plays
- All Aboard the Love-Mobile - (2:27) - 228 plays
- Locked Out of the Love-In - (3:58) - 50 plays
- Please Don't Sandblast My House - (3:17) - 39 plays
- Halcyon Days - (3:42) - 42 plays
- If Only Words - (3:55) - 27 plays
- Halcyon Days (12" Version) - (3:36) - 47 plays
- I Was Depending On You To Be My Jesus - (3:44) - 35 plays
- The Tragic Tale of Daniel - (3:24) - 32 plays