One Thousand Violins
6 Shouts - 41,198 Scrobbles
One Thousand Violins were a sixties-influenced indie-pop group from Sheffield, Yorkshire, who had several UK Indie Chart hits in the late 1980s.
The band was formed in 1985 by Darren Swindells (bass), Colin Gregory (guitar), John Wood (vocals), David Warmsley (keyboards/guitar), and Peter Day (drums).
Gregory and Warmsley had previously played together in The Page Boys. Their first single, "Halcyon Days" was released in 1985.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All Aboard the Love-Mobile - (2:27) - 257 plays
- Like 1000 Violins - (4:38) - 95 plays
- Like One Thousand Violins - 46 plays
- Halcyon Days - (3:42) - 30 plays
- Please Don't Sandblast My House - (3:17) - 30 plays
- Locked Out of the Love-In - (3:58) - 28 plays
- If Only Words - (3:55) - 27 plays
- A Place To Surf - (4:16) - 18 plays
- I Was Depending On You To Be My Jesus - (3:44) - 16 plays
- If I Were A Bullet (Then For Sure I'd Find A Way To Your Heart) - 31 plays