0 Shouts - 1,058 Scrobbles
Omer Victor Simeon (21 July 1902 - 17 September 1959) was an American jazz clarinetist. He also played soprano, alto, and baritone saxophone and bass clarinet. Omer Simeon was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, the son of a cigar maker. His family moved to Chicago, Illinois. He learned clarinet from the New Orleans master Lorenzo Tio, Jr., and started playing professionally in 1920. He worked in Chicago and Milwaukee, Wisconsin with various bands, including Jimmy Bell's Band and Charlie Elgar's Creole Orchestra.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Beau Koo Jack - (2:47) - 100 plays
- Smoke House Blues - (2:37) - 70 plays
- Smoke-house blues - (2:39) - 7 plays
- Sweet and low down - (3:16) - 2 plays
- Dyin' With The Blues - (2:37) - 3 plays
- Don't Give It Away - (2:58) - 1 plays
- Black bottom stomp - (3:11) - 1 plays
- Papa Skag Stomp - (3:17) - 1 plays
- Dead man blues - (3:22) - 1 plays
- Doctor jazz - (3:22) - 1 plays