208 Shouts - 1,196,512 Scrobbles
Olivier Messiaen (December 10, 1908 – April 27, 1992) was a French composer, organist, and ornithologist. Messiaen's music is rhythmically complex (he was interested in rhythms from ancient Greece and from Hindu sources), and is harmonically and melodically based on modes of limited transposition, which were Messiaen's own innovation. Many of his compositions depict what he termed "the marvellous aspects of the faith", drawing on his unshakeable Roman Catholicism.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Preludes: La colombe (The Dove) - (2:04) - 6,006 plays
- Oraison - (7:42) - 2,001 plays
- Liturgie De Cristal - (3:04) - 1,101 plays
- Intermede - (1:50) - 891 plays
- Louange a l'Eternite de Jesus - (8:39) - 867 plays
- Danse De La Fureur, Pour Les Sept Trompettes - (6:54) - 772 plays
- Abime des oiseaux - (7:33) - 765 plays
- Louange à l'Eternité de Jésus - (8:37) - 442 plays
- Abîme Des Oiseaux - (7:32) - 358 plays
- Regard des Hauteurs - (2:22) - 308 plays