Dr. Charles E. Fuller, founder and director of the Old Fashioned Revival Hour, was a pioneer in Radio Evangelism. Some 15 to 20 Million people reportedly heard him preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ each Sunday around the world. From 1941 to 1958, the radio broadcasts originated at the old Municipal Auditorium in Long Beach, California, where thousands gathered each week for the live broadcasts.
The quartet was originally the Goose Creek Quartet at the Country Church of Hollywood (California). In 1937, the Quartet also began singing on the Old Fashioned Revival Hour program. The music in this collection was recorded over the span of three decades, and represents some of the most beloved songs of The Old Fashioned Revival Hour Quartet.
Special thanks is offered to Dick Brown, the only surviving member of the quartet, who helped make this project a reality. A word of thanks is also given to Read Burgan who digitally restored these historic recordings from the original radio broadcasts. Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.