Old & In the Way
14 Shouts - 237,476 Scrobbles
Old & in the Way was a one-shot bluegrass band whose legacy lasted far longer than the band. Led by Grateful Dead member Jerry Garcia (banjo, vocals), the band also featured David Nelson (guitar, vocals), David Grisman (mandolin, vocals), Vassar Clements (fiddle), Peter Rowan (guitar, vocals), and John Kahn (bass). Garcia formed the band in 1973 as a way to revisit his bluegrass roots and demonstrate his affection for the music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wild Horses - (4:39) - 959 plays
- The Hobo Song - (4:57) - 760 plays
- Midnight Moonlight - (5:16) - 724 plays
- Pig in a Pen - (2:55) - 657 plays
- Panama Red - (2:40) - 610 plays
- Home is Where the Heart Is - (1:58) - 418 plays
- On And On - (3:25) - 363 plays
- Catfish John - (4:04) - 368 plays
- Down Where The River Bends - (4:35) - 346 plays
- Land Of The Navajo - (6:24) - 347 plays