Old & In the Way
14 Shouts - 230,452 Scrobbles
Old & in the Way was a one-shot bluegrass band whose legacy lasted far longer than the band. Led by Grateful Dead member Jerry Garcia (banjo, vocals), the band also featured David Nelson (guitar, vocals), David Grisman (mandolin, vocals), Vassar Clements (fiddle), Peter Rowan (guitar, vocals), and John Kahn (bass). Garcia formed the band in 1973 as a way to revisit his bluegrass roots and demonstrate his affection for the music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wild Horses - (4:39) - 1,356 plays
- Pig in a Pen - (2:55) - 1,200 plays
- Midnight Moonlight - (5:16) - 1,033 plays
- The Hobo Song - (4:57) - 832 plays
- Panama Red - (2:40) - 895 plays
- Home is Where the Heart Is - (1:58) - 767 plays
- On And On - (3:25) - 610 plays
- Catfish John - (4:04) - 617 plays
- Down Where The River Bends - (4:35) - 503 plays
- Old & In The Way Breakdown - (3:47) - 411 plays