Old & In the Way
14 Shouts - 240,084 Scrobbles
Old & in the Way was a one-shot bluegrass band whose legacy lasted far longer than the band. Led by Grateful Dead member Jerry Garcia (banjo, vocals), the band also featured David Nelson (guitar, vocals), David Grisman (mandolin, vocals), Vassar Clements (fiddle), Peter Rowan (guitar, vocals), and John Kahn (bass). Garcia formed the band in 1973 as a way to revisit his bluegrass roots and demonstrate his affection for the music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wild Horses - (4:39) - 937 plays
- The Hobo Song - (4:57) - 742 plays
- Midnight Moonlight - (5:16) - 721 plays
- Pig in a Pen - (2:55) - 652 plays
- Panama Red - (2:40) - 566 plays
- Home is Where the Heart Is - (1:58) - 402 plays
- On And On - (3:25) - 343 plays
- Catfish John - (4:04) - 359 plays
- Land Of The Navajo - (6:24) - 345 plays
- Down Where The River Bends - (4:35) - 331 plays