Old & In the Way
13 Shouts - 221,539 Scrobbles
Old & in the Way was a one-shot bluegrass band whose legacy lasted far longer than the band. Led by Grateful Dead member Jerry Garcia (banjo, vocals), the band also featured David Nelson (guitar, vocals), David Grisman (mandolin, vocals), Vassar Clements (fiddle), Peter Rowan (guitar, vocals), and John Kahn (bass). Garcia formed the band in 1973 as a way to revisit his bluegrass roots and demonstrate his affection for the music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wild Horses - (4:39) - 1,615 plays
- Pig in a Pen - (2:55) - 1,407 plays
- Midnight Moonlight - (5:16) - 1,169 plays
- The Hobo Song - (4:57) - 1,016 plays
- Panama Red - (2:40) - 918 plays
- Home is Where the Heart Is - (1:58) - 787 plays
- Catfish John - (4:04) - 632 plays
- On And On - (3:25) - 627 plays
- Old & In The Way Breakdown - (3:47) - 516 plays
- Down Where The River Bends - (4:35) - 504 plays