Old & In the Way
14 Shouts - 230,330 Scrobbles
Old & in the Way was a one-shot bluegrass band whose legacy lasted far longer than the band. Led by Grateful Dead member Jerry Garcia (banjo, vocals), the band also featured David Nelson (guitar, vocals), David Grisman (mandolin, vocals), Vassar Clements (fiddle), Peter Rowan (guitar, vocals), and John Kahn (bass). Garcia formed the band in 1973 as a way to revisit his bluegrass roots and demonstrate his affection for the music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wild Horses - (4:39) - 1,290 plays
- Pig in a Pen - (2:55) - 1,113 plays
- Midnight Moonlight - (5:16) - 1,030 plays
- The Hobo Song - (4:57) - 840 plays
- Panama Red - (2:40) - 875 plays
- Home is Where the Heart Is - (1:58) - 722 plays
- On And On - (3:25) - 597 plays
- Catfish John - (4:04) - 574 plays
- Down Where The River Bends - (4:35) - 492 plays
- Old & In The Way Breakdown - (3:47) - 390 plays