0 Shouts - 205,218 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with this name:Read More...
1) Obliteration were spawned in Kolbotn (the hometown of Darkthrone), in 2001, and after some line-up changes, punk-style dabbling and experimentation with two bass players at the same time, it soon became clear that Death Metal was to be their future.
After releasing a demo in 2004, the young men got a great response from the Norwegian underground metal scene resulting in a vital gig at the high-profile Inferno festival in 2005, and pretty soon after, the 7" EP "Total Fucking Obliteration" was released on Duplicate Records/SoU. More gigs soon followed with bands like Aura Noir, Old and Dismember.
Obliteration recorded some rehearsal demos immediately after their Hole in the Sky festival appearance in mid-2006 (with Morbid Angel, Atheist, Celtic Frost and more) that led to their first record deal, when Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone signed them to his prestigious label Tyrant Syndicate, a sub-label of Peaceville Records, after being mightily impressed with what he was hearing.
In January 2007 the band entered Subsonic Society Studio with Lars Klokkerhaug (who has recorded/produced the likes of Enslaved, Darkthrone) to record this, their debut album "Perpetual Decay", a slab of brutal metal done the way it should be.
Obliteration’s death metal-riffing continued with "Nekropsalms" in 2009, released by the prestigious Norwegian underground label Fysisk Format, resulting in great reviews and the death metal onslaught touring throughout the country.
2) Obliteration is a hardcore punk band from Massachusetts, USA. Featuring (ex-)members of Mind Eraser and Knife Fight. Released a self titled ep in 2008.
3) Obliteration started as Disgorge in Germany and soon after changed their name to Obliteration in 1995 and split up in early 2006. However, a split cd with Fleshripper (Ger) containing the old demos was released by Suffer Productions during the summer of 2006.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goat Skull Crown - 14,449 plays
- Ingesting Death - 10,915 plays
- Catacombs of Horror - 10,572 plays
- Transient Passage - 9,626 plays
- Exterminate - 9,757 plays
- Sepulchral Rites - 8,682 plays
- Nekropsalms Evoke the Frozen Age - 9,120 plays
- Black Death Horizon - 7,802 plays
- Styxerian Path (Into Darkness) - 8,339 plays
- The Spawn of a Dying Kind - 8,638 plays