Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
212 Shouts - 1,219,664 Scrobbles
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (Punjabi: نصرت فتح علی خان; October 1948 – 16 August 1997), an internationally acclaimed Pakistani musician, was primarily a singer of Qawwali, the devotional music of the Sufis. Considered one of the greatest voices ever recorded, he possessed an extraordinary range of vocal abilities and could perform at a high level of intensity for several hours. Extending the 600-year old Qawwali tradition of his family, Khan is widely credited with introducing Qawwali music to international audiences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mustt Mustt - (5:18) - 2,016 plays
- Mustt Mustt (Massive Attack Remix) - (3:43) - 1,234 plays
- Sea Of Vapours - (3:58) - 1,097 plays
- Mustt Mustt (Lost in His Work) - (5:18) - 1,128 plays
- Tracery - (4:50) - 820 plays
- The Game - (5:02) - 709 plays
- Nothing Without You (Tery Bina) - (5:07) - 794 plays
- Fault Lines - (4:16) - 584 plays
- Shadow - (3:07) - 589 plays
- Tana Dery Na - (4:26) - 688 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online