0 Shouts - 67,144 Scrobbles
Norma Christine Waterson (born 15th August 1939) is an English singer, best known as one of the original members of The Watersons, an English traditional music group. Other members of the group included her brother Mike Waterson and sister Lal Waterson, and in a later incarnation of the group her husband Martin Carthy.Read More...
Waterson was born in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire. Her solo debut album, Norma Waterson, was produced by John Chelew and released by Hannibal Records in 1996, and was well-received (being nominated for the Mercury Music Prize), featuring collaborations with her daughter, Eliza Carthy, Martin Carthy, and other members of The Watersons, as well as Danny Thompson (Pentangle), Richard Thompson (Fairport Convention) and Roger Swallow (Albion Country Band). Her follow-up, Bright Shiny Morning, was released in 2001.
She is a member of Waterson:Carthy with Martin Carthy and Eliza Carthy, and of the supergroup Blue Murder. She has appeared on a variety of collective recordings, notably Peter Bellamy's The Transports.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Barbary Allen - 3,735 plays
- Flower Of Sweet Strabane - 3,332 plays
- The Chaps of Cockaigny - 3,286 plays
- One April Morning - 3,192 plays
- Banks of the Dee - 2,760 plays
- Black Muddy River - 3,428 plays
- Go & Leave Me - 1,849 plays
- My Flower, My Companion & Me - 1,815 plays
- Love of My Life - 1,808 plays
- Sheep Crook & Black Dog - 1,547 plays