16 Shouts - 125,223 Scrobbles
Nora Dean is one of reggae’s greatest mysteries. She sang solo as well as being a member of The Ebony Sisters, The Soul Sisters and The Soulettes. She did backing vocals on some recordings by Jimmy Cliff. Although she was not a prolific artist (especially by reggae standards), a number of her songs are very fondly remembered by fans of Jamaican music as true reggae classics. This is because Nora Dean brought something extra to her best songs, making them unusual and endlessly enjoyable. And yet, there is little biographical information about her anywhere.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Barbwire - (2:18) - 2,227 plays
- The Valet - (3:26) - 680 plays
- Must Get A Man - (2:51) - 546 plays
- Angie La La - (2:59) - 506 plays
- Peace Begins Within - (2:58) - 367 plays
- Barbwire - Original - (2:22) - 403 plays
- Scorpion - (2:16) - 110 plays
- Peace Begins With - (2:58) - 128 plays
- Mama - (3:07) - 88 plays
- Oh Mama - (2:18) - 115 plays