16 Shouts - 130,509 Scrobbles
Nora Dean is one of reggae’s greatest mysteries. She sang solo as well as being a member of The Ebony Sisters, The Soul Sisters and The Soulettes. She did backing vocals on some recordings by Jimmy Cliff. Although she was not a prolific artist (especially by reggae standards), a number of her songs are very fondly remembered by fans of Jamaican music as true reggae classics. This is because Nora Dean brought something extra to her best songs, making them unusual and endlessly enjoyable. And yet, there is little biographical information about her anywhere.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Barbwire - (2:18) - 1,783 plays
- The Valet - (3:26) - 540 plays
- Must Get a Man - (2:51) - 357 plays
- Peace Begins Within - (2:58) - 391 plays
- Barbwire - Original - (2:22) - 409 plays
- Angie La La - (2:59) - 403 plays
- Peace Begins With - (2:58) - 109 plays
- Scorpion - (2:16) - 77 plays
- Mama - (3:07) - 121 plays
- Ay Ay Ay - (3:03) - 96 plays