18 Shouts - 22,847 Scrobbles
"One of free jazz's more enigmatic figures, alto saxophonist Noah Howard was documented so infrequently on record and spent so much time living in Europe that the course of his career and development as a musician remain difficult to trace, despite a late-'90s renewal of interest in his music. Howard was born in New Orleans in 1943 and began playing music in church as a child. He started out on trumpet (the instrument he played in the military during the early '60s) but subsequently switched to alto, and got in on the ground floor of the early free jazz movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Domiabra - (10:31) - 204 plays
- Ole Negro - (8:49) - 194 plays
- Mount Fuji - (15:31) - 171 plays
- Queen Anne - (5:43) - 150 plays
- Creole Lady - 42 plays
- Ole - (12:00) - 22 plays
- Patterns - (36:27) - 18 plays
- This Place Called Earth - (18:44) - 27 plays
- Creole Girl - (4:00) - 9 plays
- Back A'Town Blues - (13:19) - 9 plays