0 Shouts - 14,619,793 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with this name:Read More...
1) Nile is a Technical Death Metal band from USA. They formed in their hometown of Greenville, SC, in 1993. They combine extreme speed and brutality of modern death metal with the ancient styling of Middle Eastern music.
With their self-proclaimed trademark of "Ithyphallic-metal", Karl Sanders (guitar/vocals), Chief Spires (bass/vocals), and Pete Hammoura (drums) debuted with their "Festivals of Atonement" album in 1995, leading Nile to a southwestern tour in support of other big metal acts such as Obituary, Deicide and Broken Hope.
Viscera Productions was responsible for Nile's follow-up EP "Ramses Bringer of War" in 1997 and was going to release their second album "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka", if they hadn't gone out of business later that year.
However, Relapse Records was more than happy to put it out in early 1998, giving Nile a wider distribution and a chance to hit the road with Incantation and Morbid Angel.
The follow-up, "Black Seeds of Vengeance", was released in late 2000. Prior to this release, Pete Hammoura left the band due to injuries sustained in an accident, feeling he could no longer drum at the level which Nile required. Derek Roddy drummed on all of the tracks (except "To Dream of Ur") as a guest. Also prior to "Black Seeds of Vengeance", Dallas Toler-Wade joined as a second guitarist/vocalist. A collection of remastered, hard to find recordings, "In the Beginning" was released later the same year.
Chief Spires left the bands a few months after the release of "Black Seeds of Vengeance", citing personal and professional differences. He was replaced by John Vesano. The band also found a new drummer in Tony Laureano.
By 2002, the highly anticipated "In Their Darkened Shrines" was released and the buzz around it led to mainstream coverage the band had never experienced before.
"Annihilation of the Wicked" was released in 2005. New drummer George Kollias stepped in to fill Tony Laureano, who left before the recording began. After recording the bass for "Annihilation of the Wicked", Jon Vesano also left the band. He was temporary replaced by Joe Payne on the following tour.
On July 20th 2007, the new Nile album, entitled "Ithyphallic", hit the stores in Germany, and July 23 in the rest of Europe. The bass on this album was played by guitarist Dallas Toler-Wade.
On the "Ithyphallic"-tour 2008 the bass job was executed well by Chris Lollis, also a guitarist. For some time it was not settled whether he should fill the highly technical but still withdrawn role as Nile's bass player permanently. Recently, he has left the band for unknown reasons.
"Those Whom the Gods Detest" is their sixth studio album. The album was released on November 3, 2009, in North America, and on November 6, 2009, in Europe through Nuclear Blast. It was produced and mixed by Neil Kernon, with Erik Rutan handling the drum recording. The album debuted at #160 on Billboard 200 list in United States.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSebek, Sochet, Suchos. Dread Lord of the Marsh. He Who Crawleth Amongst the Sacred Waters. And Devoureth the Flesh of that Which is Sacrificed unto Him. Tua Ashemu. Rekhes Au Sebek. Tua Ashemu. Tua Ashemu. Sebek, Neter, Ashemu. Whose Teeth Rendeth and Teareth With Terrible Violence. Restore the Eyes of the Dead. Collect Their Skulls. Join Their Bones Together Again. Lord of the Temple of the Mount of Sunrise. Open the Way unto the Underworld. Cause the Dead to Rise to New Life. Bring the Child Horus upon the Throne of Osiris.
- LyricsBlasphemer, Heretic, Defiler of the Sacred Ones. Thou art Deprived of Your Limbs. Thy Nose Shall be Split. Thou art Cast Down and Overthrown. Ra-Harmakhis Destroyeth Thee. He Damneth Thee and Driveth Hooks into Thy Body. Isis Sayeth is Mighty Voice, "The Number of Thy Days are Cut Short. Thy Bones are Broken to Splinters Thy Vertebrae are Severed." Horus Hammereth Thy Head. The Sons of Heru Smash You with Their Blows. Thou Art Decimated by Their Violence. Thou Fallest Backwards as Thou Retreateth Like unto Apep. The Great Company of Gods Gather in Retribution. Thy Hath Passed Judgment upon Thee. Thy Cast Down Your Heresy. They Spit Upon Thee and Thy Rebellion. And Turn Their Back upon Thee. Horus Repulseth Thy Crocodile. Sut Defileth Thy Tomb. Nephthys Hacketh Thee in Pieces. The Sons of Horus Speareth Thee. The Gods Repulse Thee. The Flame of Their Fire is Against Thee. Cursed Art Thou, Impaled Thou Art, Flayed Art Thou. Heretic Thou Art Cast Down. Blows are Rained upon Thee. Dismemberment and Slaughter are on Thee. Thy Crocodile is Trampled under Foot. Thy Soul is Wrenched from its Shade. Thy Name is Erased. Thy Spells are Impotent. Nevermore Shalt Thou Emerge from Thy Den. Thy City Armana Lays in Ruin. Damned Art Thy Accursed Soul and Shadow. Die O One, which Art Consumed. Thy Name is Buried in Oblivion. Silence Covereth Thee and Thy False One. Down upon Thy Belly. Be Drowned, Be Drowned, Be Vomited upon. The Gods have Pronounced Thy Doom. They Scorn Thee and Thy False Aten. The Ancient Ones Turn Their Backs upon Thee. Thou Art Cast Down, Overthrown. Thy Reign of Heresy is Ended. Those Thou Hast Driven Out Have Risen Against Thee. Cast Down the Heretic. Khnemu Draggeth Thy Spawn to the Block of Slaugther. Sick Shalt Thou be at the Mention of Thine Own Name. Sekhmet Teareth Out Thy Bowels and Casteth Them into Flames. She Filleth Thine Orifices with Fire. Uadjit Shutteth Thee in the Pits of Burning. Nveremore shall You Breathe or Procreate. Neither Thy House or Tomb Exist. Thou Shalt Drive Thy Teeth into Thine Own Body. Heretic, Thou Art Cast Down. Overthrown, Ended, Hacked in Pieces, Slaughtered, Butchered. Ra Hath Made Thoth to Slay Thee Utterly.
Fiends, criminals, slaves, blasphemers
The word of Ra is against you
Ye are fettered and bound with leather
- LyricsThe dominion of Seker
Barren desert of eternal night
Shunned by Ra
Behind the gate
Aha-Neteru, the wastelands of Seker
- LyricsI Hath Been Immersed Head Down. In that, Which Floweth In Abundance from the Slaughtered Ones. I Hath Been Made to Eat Feces and Drink Urine. I Lay in Chains before the Undying Flames. I am Helpless in the Presence of He Who is Master of the Pits of Fire. I am Humbled and Broken in the Presence of Those Who Shall Consume My Shade in the Pits of Burning. I Didst Bow in Homage to the Spawn of Set. I Hath Kneeled in Homage to the Servants of Shesshes. In Rebellion, I Did Recite the Formulae of Rites in Glorification of the Lords of Filth. I Hath Recited the Formulae of Rites in Glorification of the Lords of Wickedness. He Who Hath Dominion of Khenti-Amenti Hath Uttered, "Hack in Pieces and Cut Asunder the Bodies of Mine Enemies and the Members of the Dead Who Hath been Turned Upside Down. Scatter in Pieces Their Shades. They Shall be Cast Down Headlong into the Pits of Fire. They Shall not Escape nor be able to Flee From the Flames Which Art in the Serpent Set-Heh." My Heart Desires to Burn in the Pit of Fire. Allow My Ka to Blaze in Flames and be Utterly Consumed. I Stand in Submission Before the Living Uraei of Flame Who Hurls Forth Burning Heat Against the Tongues of Those Who Hath Spoken Evil. Incinerate Me in the Pits of Burning. Sear Me in the Pits of the Damned. Immolate Me in the Pits of Torment. I seek Only the Charnel Bliss and the Blackened Caress of Burning Pits of the Duat. I Burn. I Burn. I Burn in the Tomb of Fire. I Burn. I Burn. I Burn.
- User-Maat-Re - 288,026 plays
- Spawn of Uamenti - 242,442 plays
- Execration Text - 260,499 plays
- Dusk Falls Upon the Temple of the Serpent on the Mount of Sunrise - 263,291 plays
- Sarcophagus - 236,351 plays