43 Shouts - 337,349 Scrobbles
Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (Russian: Николай Андреевич Римский-Корсаков) 18 March [O.S. 6 March] 1844 – 21 June [O.S. 8 June] 1908) was a Russian composer, and a member of the group of composers known as The Five. He was a master of orchestration. His best-known orchestral compositions—Capriccio Espagnol, the Russian Easter Festival Overture, and the symphonic suite Scheherazade—are staples of the classical music repertoire, along with suites and excerpts from some of his 15 operas. Scheherazade is an example of his frequent use of fairy tale and folk subjects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flight of the Bumble Bee - (1:37) - 1,984 plays
- Capriccio Espagnol, Op. 34 - (15:48) - 1,508 plays
- The Tale Of Tsar Saltan - Arr. G. Feygin: The Flight Of The Bumble-Bee - (1:15) - 983 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Act III: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:32) - 861 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:17) - 813 plays
- Scheherazade Op.35 - The Young Prince and Princess - (1:43) - 749 plays
- Sheherazade, Op. 35: III. The Young Prince and The Young Princess - (12:02) - 730 plays
- The Flight of the Bumblebee - 482 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:33) - 594 plays
- Scheherazade - (8:19) - 593 plays