41 Shouts - 264,043 Scrobbles
Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (Russian: Николай Андреевич Римский-Корсаков) 18 March [O.S. 6 March] 1844 – 21 June [O.S. 8 June] 1908) was a Russian composer, and a member of the group of composers known as The Five. He was a master of orchestration. His best-known orchestral compositions—Capriccio Espagnol, the Russian Easter Festival Overture, and the symphonic suite Scheherazade—are staples of the classical music repertoire, along with suites and excerpts from some of his 15 operas. Scheherazade is an example of his frequent use of fairy tale and folk subjects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Scheherazade - (8:19) - 2,013 plays
- Flight of the Bumble Bee - (1:37) - 2,014 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:33) - 1,334 plays
- Scheherazade Op.35 - The Young Prince and Princess - (1:43) - 962 plays
- May Night Overture - (8:16) - 682 plays
- The Snow Maiden Suite - (12:14) - 480 plays
- Capriccio espagnol op. 34 - (15:56) - 434 plays
- Sadko Op. 5 - (11:31) - 431 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:17) - 521 plays
- Flight Of The Bumblebee From The Legend of Tsar Saltan (excerpt) - P.76 - (1:09) - 228 plays