42 Shouts - 291,145 Scrobbles
Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (Russian: Николай Андреевич Римский-Корсаков) 18 March [O.S. 6 March] 1844 – 21 June [O.S. 8 June] 1908) was a Russian composer, and a member of the group of composers known as The Five. He was a master of orchestration. His best-known orchestral compositions—Capriccio Espagnol, the Russian Easter Festival Overture, and the symphonic suite Scheherazade—are staples of the classical music repertoire, along with suites and excerpts from some of his 15 operas. Scheherazade is an example of his frequent use of fairy tale and folk subjects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flight of the Bumble Bee - (1:37) - 2,496 plays
- Scheherazade - (8:19) - 1,288 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:33) - 1,216 plays
- Scheherazade Op.35 - The Young Prince and Princess - (1:43) - 1,121 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:17) - 717 plays
- Capriccio espagnol op. 34 - (15:56) - 451 plays
- Scheherazade, Op. 35: III. The Young Prince and the Young Princess - (12:00) - 321 plays
- Scheherazade, Op. 35: The Young Prince and the Young Princess - (10:16) - 336 plays
- Capriccio Espagnol, Op. 34 - (15:48) - 333 plays
- Scheherazade Symphonic Suite, Op. 35: I. The Sea and Sinbad's Ship - (10:38) - 201 plays