43 Shouts - 319,595 Scrobbles
Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (Russian: Николай Андреевич Римский-Корсаков) 18 March [O.S. 6 March] 1844 – 21 June [O.S. 8 June] 1908) was a Russian composer, and a member of the group of composers known as The Five. He was a master of orchestration. His best-known orchestral compositions—Capriccio Espagnol, the Russian Easter Festival Overture, and the symphonic suite Scheherazade—are staples of the classical music repertoire, along with suites and excerpts from some of his 15 operas. Scheherazade is an example of his frequent use of fairy tale and folk subjects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flight of the Bumble Bee - (1:37) - 2,342 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Act III: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:32) - 1,624 plays
- Sheherazade, Op. 35: III. The Young Prince and The Young Princess - (12:02) - 1,468 plays
- Scheherazade Op.35 - The Young Prince and Princess - (1:43) - 1,190 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:17) - 823 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:33) - 655 plays
- Scheherazade - (8:19) - 825 plays
- The Golden Cockerel, Suite: Tsar Dodon on the Battlefield - (4:46) - 478 plays
- The Tale Of Tsar Saltan - Arr. G. Feygin: The Flight Of The Bumble-Bee - (1:15) - 466 plays
- Capriccio espagnol op. 34 - (15:56) - 402 plays