42 Shouts - 275,382 Scrobbles
Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (Russian: Николай Андреевич Римский-Корсаков) 18 March [O.S. 6 March] 1844 – 21 June [O.S. 8 June] 1908) was a Russian composer, and a member of the group of composers known as The Five. He was a master of orchestration. His best-known orchestral compositions—Capriccio Espagnol, the Russian Easter Festival Overture, and the symphonic suite Scheherazade—are staples of the classical music repertoire, along with suites and excerpts from some of his 15 operas. Scheherazade is an example of his frequent use of fairy tale and folk subjects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flight of the Bumble Bee - (1:37) - 2,168 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:33) - 1,802 plays
- Scheherazade - (8:19) - 1,993 plays
- Scheherazade Op.35 - The Young Prince and Princess - (1:43) - 981 plays
- Capriccio espagnol op. 34 - (15:56) - 450 plays
- The Snow Maiden Suite - (12:14) - 436 plays
- May Night Overture - (8:16) - 536 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:17) - 572 plays
- Sadko Op. 5 - (11:31) - 385 plays
- Scheherazade, Op. 35: III. The Young Prince and the Young Princess - (12:00) - 283 plays