43 Shouts - 294,362 Scrobbles
Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (Russian: Николай Андреевич Римский-Корсаков) 18 March [O.S. 6 March] 1844 – 21 June [O.S. 8 June] 1908) was a Russian composer, and a member of the group of composers known as The Five. He was a master of orchestration. His best-known orchestral compositions—Capriccio Espagnol, the Russian Easter Festival Overture, and the symphonic suite Scheherazade—are staples of the classical music repertoire, along with suites and excerpts from some of his 15 operas. Scheherazade is an example of his frequent use of fairy tale and folk subjects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flight of the Bumble Bee - (1:37) - 2,457 plays
- Scheherazade Op.35 - The Young Prince and Princess - (1:43) - 1,150 plays
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57: Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:33) - 1,077 plays
- Scheherazade - (8:19) - 1,057 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:17) - 709 plays
- Capriccio espagnol op. 34 - (15:56) - 421 plays
- Scheherazade, Op. 35: III. The Young Prince and the Young Princess - (12:00) - 304 plays
- Scheherazade, Op. 35: The Young Prince and the Young Princess - (10:16) - 317 plays
- Capriccio Espagnol, Op. 34 - (15:48) - 317 plays
- The Tale Of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57: III. Flight Of The Bumble Bee - (1:13) - 159 plays