72 Shouts - 957,745 Scrobbles
Nigel Kennedy (born December 28, 1956 in Brighton, England) is a violinist and violist. He was a pupil at the Yehudi Menuhin School, under Yehudi Menuhin himself, and later at the Juilliard School under Dorothy DeLay. Kennedy has done much a to popularise classical music, particularly among young people. He has also performed and recorded most of the major violin concerti. Kennedy expresses concern for the immediate appeal of live performance, and often records entire works or movements in single 'takes' to preserve this sense in his recordings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Les feuilles mortes (Autumn Leaves) - (9:40) - 952 plays
- The Girl From Ipanema - (7:12) - 445 plays
- Fire - (7:10) - 271 plays
- Bag's Groove - (9:33) - 187 plays
- Take Five - (7:10) - 151 plays
- Sweet & Slow - (8:03) - 145 plays
- Massenet: Thaïs / Acte Deux - Méditation religieuse - Symphonie - (5:41) - 161 plays
- Czardas - (5:20) - 142 plays
- I'm Crazy 'Bout My Baby (And My Baby's Crazy 'Bout Me) - (6:56) - 97 plays
- Por Do Sol - (3:44) - 98 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online