72 Shouts - 959,763 Scrobbles
Nigel Kennedy (born December 28, 1956 in Brighton, England) is a violinist and violist. He was a pupil at the Yehudi Menuhin School, under Yehudi Menuhin himself, and later at the Juilliard School under Dorothy DeLay. Kennedy has done much a to popularise classical music, particularly among young people. He has also performed and recorded most of the major violin concerti. Kennedy expresses concern for the immediate appeal of live performance, and often records entire works or movements in single 'takes' to preserve this sense in his recordings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Les feuilles mortes (Autumn Leaves) - (9:40) - 1,276 plays
- The Girl From Ipanema - (7:12) - 585 plays
- Fire - (7:10) - 278 plays
- Bag's Groove - (9:33) - 165 plays
- Take Five - (7:10) - 168 plays
- Sweet & Slow - (8:03) - 167 plays
- Czardas - (5:20) - 174 plays
- Por Do Sol - (3:44) - 110 plays
- I'm Crazy 'Bout My Baby (And My Baby's Crazy 'Bout Me) - (6:56) - 110 plays
- Viper's Drag - (6:19) - 104 plays