71 Shouts - 922,425 Scrobbles
Nigel Kennedy (born December 28, 1956 in Brighton, England) is a violinist and violist. He was a pupil at the Yehudi Menuhin School, under Yehudi Menuhin himself, and later at the Juilliard School under Dorothy DeLay. Kennedy has done much a to popularise classical music, particularly among young people. He has also performed and recorded most of the major violin concerti. Kennedy expresses concern for the immediate appeal of live performance, and often records entire works or movements in single 'takes' to preserve this sense in his recordings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, ''La primavera'': I. Allegro - (3:08) - 909 plays
- Concerto No. 3 in F Major, RV 293, 'L'autumno': III. Allegro - (4:37) - 522 plays
- Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, ''La primavera'': II. Largo - (2:37) - 532 plays
- Concerto No. 4 in F Minor, RV 297, 'L'inverno': II. Largo - (3:15) - 458 plays
- Concerto No. 4 in F Minor, RV 297, 'L'inverno': I. Allegro non molto - (3:27) - 448 plays
- Fire - (7:10) - 368 plays
- Les feuilles mortes (Autumn Leaves) - (9:40) - 249 plays
- Massenet: Thaïs / Acte Deux - Méditation religieuse - Symphonie - (5:41) - 447 plays
- Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, ''La primavera'': III. Allegro - (4:09) - 319 plays
- Concerto No. 3 in F Major, RV 293, 'L'autumno': I. Allegro - (2:55) - 303 plays