70 Shouts - 868,569 Scrobbles
Nigel Kennedy (born December 28, 1956 in Brighton, England) is a violinist and violist. He was a pupil at the Yehudi Menuhin School, under Yehudi Menuhin himself, and later at the Juilliard School under Dorothy DeLay. Kennedy has done much a to popularise classical music, particularly among young people. He has also performed and recorded most of the major violin concerti. Kennedy expresses concern for the immediate appeal of live performance, and often records entire works or movements in single 'takes' to preserve this sense in his recordings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, ''La primavera'': I. Allegro - (3:08) - 656 plays
- Fire - (7:10) - 506 plays
- Violin Concerto In A-Minor (1: - (3:44) - 415 plays
- Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, ''La primavera'': II. Largo - (2:37) - 396 plays
- Concerto No. 4 in F Minor, RV 297, 'L'inverno': II. Largo - (3:15) - 345 plays
- Concerto No. 4 in F Minor, RV 297, 'L'inverno': I. Allegro non molto - (3:27) - 370 plays
- Concerto For 2 Violins In D-Mi - (6:36) - 291 plays
- Violin Concerto In A-Minor (3: - (3:23) - 314 plays
- Concerto No. 3 in F Major, RV 293, 'L'autumno': III. Allegro - (4:37) - 324 plays
- Concerto No. 3 in F Major, RV 293, 'L'autumno': I. Allegro - (2:55) - 339 plays