22 Shouts - 96,809 Scrobbles
The Newtown Neurotics, an underated british punk-rock band with socialist lyrics bent whose classic first album "Beggars Can be Choosers" in 1983 was stylistically indebted to the Ramones, but with outraged lyrics more akin to political The Clash or Ruts. The band formed in suburban Newtown Harlow Essex outside London, but eventually dropped the "Newtown" from its name and broadened their approach, including slower tempos and horn arrangements.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kick Out The Tories - (3:48) - 298 plays
- Living With Unemployment - (5:46) - 207 plays
- The Mess - (4:14) - 155 plays
- Hypocrite - (3:17) - 132 plays
- Mindless Violence - (2:47) - 109 plays
- No Respect - (2:37) - 168 plays
- Get Up And Fight - (3:26) - 100 plays
- Agony - (4:17) - 110 plays
- When The Oil Runs Out - (3:29) - 98 plays
- Wake Up - (5:35) - 103 plays