New Coon Creek Girls
1 Shouts - 3,075 Scrobbles
Formed by John Lair in 1979, the New Coon Creek Girls carried on the bluegrass tradition established by Lair's original Coon Creek Girls in the 1930s. Just as he had with the first group, Lair promoted the New Coon Creek Girls through his radio show and concert hall, the Renfro Valley Barn Dance. Guitarist and banjoist Vicki Simmons was one of the first performers to sign on to the group. Besides her musical talent, Simmons also had a connection to the original Coon Creek Girl, Lilly Mae Ledford, who had taught her the clawhammer banjo style.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Just One More Time - (2:36) - 8 plays
- Danny Boy - (4:23) - 8 plays
- Sassafrass - (2:33) - 7 plays
- The Lowest Valley - (3:49) - 5 plays
- My Lord Will Send A Moses - (2:02) - 5 plays
- Who Will Pray For Me - (3:32) - 9 plays
- Caught In The Middle - (2:49) - 3 plays
- Country in My Genes - (2:44) - 3 plays
- On Fire - (2:19) - 4 plays
- The Master's Hand - (2:57) - 3 plays