0 Shouts - 791,611 Scrobbles
There are at least seven bands that go by this name:Read More...
1. Crust punk from New York City, formed in 1985.
2. Grindcore from Los Angeles, CA formed in 1987.
3. Belgian coldwave band.
4. Naüsea is hardcore punk from Japan.
5. Grindcore band from Cordoba, Argentina.
6. A Finnish grindcore band whose sole release was a 9-track demo tape named "Defective Of Braincells".
7. A disbanded aggrotech group from Chile.
1. Nausea was an American crust punk band from New York City's C-Squat in the Lower Eastside of Manhattan, from 1985-1992. Like such predecessors as the anarchist band Crass, Nausea featured both male and female vocals. They were heavily involved in the Lower East Side squatting community, and active during a dark period in American history, under the right-wing purgatory of the Reagan Administration amidst the "Arms Race", the Iran-Contra Affair and imminent threats of nuclear war with the USSR. Nausea's final line-up was: John John Jesse (bass), Victor Venom (guitar), Amy Miret (vocals), Al Long (vocals), and Roy Mayorga (drums). Past members were Neil Robinson (vocals, 1987-88; replaced by Al), Pablo Jacobson (drums, 1985-87), and Jimmy Williams(drums, 1987-88).
2. Nausea are a grindcore/death metal band formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1987 featuring Oscar Garcia of Terrorizer
Born from the ashes of Majesty, they are not a side project of Terrorizer (as many think incorrectly), but a definite band. When Terrorizer broke up in early 1988 Nausea was in fully active. In fact World Downfall was recorded posthumously one year later and contained some Nausea songs that Oscar took to complete the album ('Corporation Pull-in', 'Need to Live', 'Condemned System' and the title track 'World Downfall' that was in origin a Majesty song).
They split-up in 1994 and reformed in 2001.
3. Also a Belgian coldwave band.
"Then the Nausea seized me, I dropped to a seat, I no longer knew where I was; I saw the colours spin slowly around me, I wanted to vomit. And since that time, the Nausea has not left me, it holds me.""