5 Shouts - 128,445 Scrobbles
The Shibuya-kei trio known as Natural Calamity is a bit of an anachronism compared to others in the rich Japanese pop scene characterized by Cornelius and Pizzicato Five. The earthy trip-hop blues produced by Shunji Mori and Kuni Sugimoto, plus American Stephanie Heasley's countrified vocals come in marked contrast to Tokyo's many French/Brazilian/exotica aficionados. Mori and Sugimoto met in the early '90s, and produced their first album Dawn in the Valley for File Records, owned by Toshio Nakanishi of Love T.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dark Water & Stars - (5:00) - 871 plays
- And That's Saying A Lot (Groove Armada 2nd Take) - (6:11) - 242 plays
- And That's Saying a Lot - (4:08) - 86 plays
- So Good - (5:43) - 57 plays
- Jessica - (3:29) - 45 plays
- As You Know (Dust Brothers remix) - (4:53) - 32 plays
- Tomorrow - (4:03) - 38 plays
- THE HINER LAND - (8:26) - 17 plays
- After The Sorrow - (5:18) - 34 plays
- And That's Saying A Lot - Groove Armada's 2nd Dub - (7:04) - 21 plays