5 Shouts - 126,552 Scrobbles
The Shibuya-kei trio known as Natural Calamity is a bit of an anachronism compared to others in the rich Japanese pop scene characterized by Cornelius and Pizzicato Five. The earthy trip-hop blues produced by Shunji Mori and Kuni Sugimoto, plus American Stephanie Heasley's countrified vocals come in marked contrast to Tokyo's many French/Brazilian/exotica aficionados. Mori and Sugimoto met in the early '90s, and produced their first album Dawn in the Valley for File Records, owned by Toshio Nakanishi of Love T.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dark Water & Stars - (5:00) - 717 plays
- And That's Saying A Lot (Groove Armada 2nd Take) - (6:11) - 252 plays
- And That's Saying a Lot - (4:08) - 64 plays
- As You Know (Dust Brothers remix) - (4:53) - 37 plays
- Tomorrow - (4:03) - 43 plays
- After The Sorrow - (5:18) - 30 plays
- When You Gonna Wake Me Up - (5:22) - 43 plays
- Jessica - (3:29) - 34 plays
- So Good - (5:43) - 35 plays
- And That's Saying A Lot (Natural Calamity Alternative Remix) - (5:10) - 26 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online