5 Shouts - 124,086 Scrobbles
The Shibuya-kei trio known as Natural Calamity is a bit of an anachronism compared to others in the rich Japanese pop scene characterized by Cornelius and Pizzicato Five. The earthy trip-hop blues produced by Shunji Mori and Kuni Sugimoto, plus American Stephanie Heasley's countrified vocals come in marked contrast to Tokyo's many French/Brazilian/exotica aficionados. Mori and Sugimoto met in the early '90s, and produced their first album Dawn in the Valley for File Records, owned by Toshio Nakanishi of Love T.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dark Water & Stars - (5:00) - 885 plays
- And That's Saying A Lot (Groove Armada 2nd Take) - (6:11) - 287 plays
- And That's Saying a Lot - (4:08) - 106 plays
- After The Sorrow - (5:18) - 49 plays
- As You Know (Dust Brothers remix) - (4:53) - 33 plays
- And That's Saying A Lot (Natural Calamity Alternative Remix) - (5:10) - 38 plays
- Tomorrow - (4:03) - 27 plays
- Jessica - (3:29) - 26 plays
- Down In The Valley - (6:54) - 29 plays
- THE HINER LAND - (8:26) - 28 plays