The Native Tongues is a collective of late 1980s and early 1990s hip-hop artists known for their positive-minded, good-natured Afrocentric lyrics, and for pioneering the use of eclectic sampling and later jazz-influenced beats. Its principal members are the Jungle Brothers, De La Soul, and A Tribe Called Quest. The collective was also closely tied to the Universal Zulu Nation. The New York-based Native Tongues crew was a collective of like-minded hip hop artists who would help bring abstract and open-minded lyricism that addressed a range of topics...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Remember We Remix ft Da Bush Babees - (3:46) - 3 plays
- If We Hold On Together - (3:36) - 3 plays
- Buddy (12" Mix) - (0:30) - 6 plays
- de la soul feat a tribe called - (7:14) - 5 plays
- de la soul - me, myself, and i - (3:43) - 2 plays
- mos def - hip hop - (3:15) - 6 plays
- a tribe called quest - award t - (3:46) - 4 plays
- funkylemonaderemix - (4:09) - 1 plays
- Isn't She Lovely - (4:12) - 1 plays
- SweetDreams - (3:26) - 1 plays