4 Shouts - 5,595 Scrobbles
Native Funk is a stage name for James Lowery. Lowery was raised on the east side of Detroit. His family hailed from the Lumbee tribe in Pembroke, North Carolina. Lowery's father was a preacher. His aunt and mother taught him about his Native American heritage, telling him Cherokee and Lumbee legends and teaching him about dreamcatchers. Lowery started making music at a young age, using anything he could find as instruments, and began writing his own songs at the age of 13. By the age of 15, local kids would pay to watch him perform in his garage.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Retro Elements (Scott Ferguson's 313 Detroit Element Mix) - (7:46) - 2 plays
- 1980 - (4:24) - 1 plays
- < Night Vision > - 1 plays
- Cloned Images - (3:52) - 1 plays
- Is It Real - (2:48) - 1 plays
- Retro Elements (Original Retro Elements Mix) - (6:56) - 2 plays
- Intro (original) - (0:44) - 1 plays
- Slangtown - (4:17) - 1 plays
- Burning Sky - 6 plays
- Takin' Over - (3:50) - 1 plays