2 Shouts - 3,750 Scrobbles
National Velvet was initially a four piece goth-rock band from Toronto fronted by charismatic singer Maria Del Mar, who was the statuesque cigarette girl at a trendy Toronto nightclub, The Copa. The music was primarily the work of bassist Mark Storm and lyricist Del Mar, and featured guitarist Mark Crossley and drummer Garry Flint. The band was signed to independent Canadian label Intrepid Records in 1987, and then to EMI Capitol in 1988 for the USA.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online